Thursday, May 12, 2016

Transwomen and Dating


From: http://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love/news/a47721/men-speak-out-about-being-attracted-to-transgender-women/
Mark says that a lot of men who hide their attraction to transgender women are "trying to protect themselves from this gay label and being judged by society," but tells them they're not gay, and that "finding transgender people attractive is the most natural thing in the world. They are beautiful."
Mark's current partner, a transgender woman named Lorraina, is also interviewed talking about how she'd told her mother at a young age that she wanted to be a girl and her family was the "holy grail" in terms of how supportive they were.  
Mark and Lorraina both seem like incredibly awesome people, which is not so much the case with Morris, 41, who says that having sex with transgender women is "more easy," with his theory being that "not everybody likes it, to go with transgender" and that fact makes them easier to sleep with. He also calls transgender women Ferraris, thereby cementing himself as the resident frat bro. 
From: http://www.bilerico.com/2014/12/what_its_really_like_dating_as_a_transgender_woman.php#MiLVTijjyYZq81rk.99

"During the first year of my transition I did discover that I have a growing attraction to men, something I never had before. I had by then been in a wonderful 11-year relationship with a woman who is still my partner today.
"Being newly minted with the label of pansexual and beginning to identify as polyamorous (legitimizing in a way years of consensual and healthy non-monogamy), I entered the dating pool primarily through online dating. - C, a 34-year-old pansexual transgender woman in the Los Angeles area.

"I don't love her because she's trans, or despite the fact that she's trans. It's not something I ignore or something that I focus on; it's a part of her. But she is trans. I've learned a lot just by being with her.
"I've learned to be grateful for things I'd previously taken for granted: My safety walking down the street, the fact that I can be reasonably confident of finding a job if I look for one, my assumption that others see me as I see myself with no need for me to constantly evaluate my behavior and others' reactions to it." - D, a 42-year-old cisgender partner of a transgender woman.

"I find a lot of men fetishize trans women in a way that they don't other women. I often hear statements that no man would ever say to a ciswoman. For example: "I've always been curious about sex with a transsexual. Can you tell me what your penis is like?"" - E, a 40-year-old queer transgender woman in NYC.

"After reassignment surgery, it seems that the chaser pool dried up and I haven't had much luck with dating. The one time where I almost had a date post-surgery, after disclosing to him he of course had an existential crisis and cancelled." - J, a 30-year-old straight transgender woman in East Lansing, Michigan.

From: https://broadly.vice.com/en_us/article/the-straight-men-who-have-sex-with-trans-women
Last year, after decades of living a double life, Matt was finally ready for a partner. He became serious about finding the right trans woman to spend his life with. But where to look? There's been an active market for trans personal ads on Craigslist for years. Clicking into the m4t category of Misc. Romance, you'll find reams of posts by trans amorous men. There is a weighty symbolism to Craigslist's subcategories: Casual Encounters is, as one would expect, the most popular. If you're cruising there, all bets are off. As the guys see it, social graces are checked at the door. Then, over in Misc. Romance, again and again, you'll find posts by guys professing their exhaustion with Casual Encounters. They've had enough; they want more. There is a tenderness to the forum—the same users post diligently week after week in pursuit of their transgender soul mate, and stock photos of roses often accompany their ads.

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete